It’s the end of the year again and whether you have had a good year or a disappointing year, it’s generally a messy ending. If you are out and about at a ticketed event or a house party, we normally see the new year in with a hangover and spend the day recovering, but how about seeing the new year in fresh faced with all the good intentions to see through our resolutions and with lots of positive thinking!
We know we won’t keep them, but it’s worth a try and feeling fantastic on the first day of the New Year is a good start.
So to survive it and feel great, or at least less messy, just follow a few simple steps:
- Plasters! – Yes ladies, carry these just in case your heels rub on your fancy new shoes after all that dancing. Being extra prepared is important.
- Water – In between your drinks make sure you keep hydrated with water. You won’t get drunk as quick and it will help you feel better the next day. Your skin will thank you too. Did you know your body can only metabolise one drink per hour? Slow down your drinking, dance and sip that water!
- Lip Balm – For perfect kissable lips on midnight, keep your lip balm with you. It is also beneficial to put it on before bed, so you don’t wake with cracked lips.
- Pain Killers – Obviously to stop the thumping.
- Pamper – After a night of indulgence, the next day is perfect for relaxing and correcting any skin conditions issues. Pop on a facemask and chill.
- Peppermint Tea – Peppermint tea is the perfect solution to soothe an upset tummy. It’s fresh and will make you feel super healthy. Coffee is tempting, but it will dehydrate you more.
- Vitamin B Complex – This pill contains B1, B2 folic acid, B6, B12 and it helps increase your energy levels and restores the body’s vitamin stores.
- Eat – Don’t skip food! Saving calories for the drinks later or to squeeze yourself into that dress, is not worth it. Lining the stomach is important and it helps absorbed the alcohol. Protein is perfect to help your stomach.
Most importantly enjoy yourself! I know you will.