Timing this blog post on the official first day of Winter 2017 in the UK
It is not too dissimilar to my Autumn love post, of course, it is mainly to do with Christmas and I have already blogged about Christmas, so I thought I could share with you a great recipe for Winter using leftover mincemeat and homemade Christmas present.
Winter is not winter without cosying up with thick socks on, comfortable sweats and a warm pie. As Christmas is literally 4 days away I am sharing with you our Mince Pie Twists. These are super easy to make and to be honest, we have never measured the ingredients.
You will need:
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Caster Sugar
- This depends on whether you decide to make your own pastry or cheat with shop bought. You will not be blamed if you shop buy this, after all, it is the time the family and friends descend on you. Roll out your pastry in two sections and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Spoon the mincemeat on to one piece your pastry
- Place the second piece of pastry over the top
- In a dish mix a tsp of cinnamon with some caster sugar and sprinkle over the top of the pastry
- Cut the pastry into strips, whilst holding the ends of the pastry twist each strip.
- Bake in an oven at the temperature of 200c or Gas Mark 5 until golden (approx 15mins)
- To make extra Christmassy sprinkle icing sugar over the top
Now the comfort food is done, we move onto small crafty treats to do during winter either for yourself or last minute gifts for your friends and family and all you need is an old jumper. We can make so much out of this old thing, but today just mittens, just follow these easy step by step photos You can add whatever you fancy making your gift extra special.
Of course, I am ending with a slideshow of my favourite pins on Pinterest, hope you enjoy xx