I am one of these beauty hoarders, that seems to have tons of beauty products and makeup, yet I seem to always buy more. I am turning over a new leaf in 2018, I am planning to use everything up and just focussing on the must-have products I use. Here are my top 5 Beauty products of all time:
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream – this is the best cream in an SOS. Every time I have a cold, this is used, sunburn you got it! This cream helps to soothe and care minor skin irritations or complaints. Even when my skin is chapping, peeling or flaking, great as a lip balm. It is most used beauty product out there for good reason. I have been using this for years and will do for years to come.
- Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser – This is my daily face wash and it is amazing for my skin. As I hit my mid-20s, I developed adult acne and for a while every month I would have facials at my local Clarins spa, it did help short-term but nothing was shifting my spots, it took years to find a product that did not let me down and cleared my skin and this was it. It gently lifts away my makeup and impurities to balance my skin type combination.
- Elizabeth Arden Peel & Reveal Revitalizing Mask – Mr N brought me this as an extra gift with my facial wash, I was pretty judicious at first, knowing how facial masks had not agreed with me in recent days. I was very surprised I was waiting for the painful tingle and the sunburnt looking face but it did not react at all, and the most satisfying thing is peeling it off at the end. Thankful not like some of the masks on the market that take half of your face away.
- St. Tropez In Shower Tanning – a few years ago I reviewed this product and I still love it. Even more so, they have brought out a slightly darker colour. It’s so easy to use, the results are brilliant. It is definitely the best home tanning I have ever used.
- Neals Yard Remedies Wild Rose Balm – there is literally nothing this balm can’t do when it comes to skin care. It is a cleanser, exfoliates, a face mask removes makeup. It really is my winter go to.
After writing this blog post, I had so many things that I could use up and certainly a lot to discard. I hate being wasteful, so I started to look into recycling or passing on perfectly good makeup, nail varnish and bath products, I came across Give & Make Up. This has been set up to help women in a refuge, escaping an abusive relationship not to be confused with refugees. They need clothes, beauty products and most things, I had so much baby stuff we did not use when baby T was born, then there are sleepsuits that don’t fit anymore. These women and their children need it more than anything, so further research was that the London branch wasn’t accepting donations at this time, but Cardiff was. I was quite surprised these were the only two donation points in the UK.
After collecting up the items I had to donate, I was left with two rather large boxes, my plan was to take them to Cardiff on a day trip but on the day I discovered they did not take drop off donations. I was furious, these were super large boxes that would have cost an absolute fortune to send via courier as they were too big for the post office to accept and surely these women and children needed the donations more?
I called an upon a dear friend of my mothers who volunteers, I remember her posting on Facebook a message about the work she does to help local charities, I decided to contact her and see what the best solution was.
I am utterly shocked that in a country like the UK with people on the poverty line and with the facilities to help, we would turn away donations.
As it stands I still have my large boxes waiting to be donated.